Carpet Cleaners Blog Australia
Those who own and operate a Sapphire Scientific truckmount will already swear by the competitive edge the “fin tubing” heat exchanger makes! Why? It both captures and dissipates heat far more efficiently than other truckmount heat exchangers.
Some of the differences Sapphire Scientific Truckmount owners benefit from:
Superior Performance. Coils don’t clog even when water or foam is pumped into the heat exchanger system. Compare the truckmount heat exchangers above – note the build up of dirt and grime on the competitor’s heat exchanger. Build up which causes reduced airflow or ‘back pressure’.
Heat generated from the Sapphire Scientific heat exchanger actually increases the water temperature by several degrees over and above that of traditional heat exchangers, raising cleaning effectiveness.
Reliability that you can depend on, Sapphire Scientific heat exchangers produce consistent heat – every time!
Extended truckmount life due to precision engineering and superior design.
To find out more information on the Sapphire Scientific truckmounted carpet cleaning machines ring on our our expert team on 1300 276 937
Power Clean Industries is proud to offer a comprehensive nationwide Service and Technical Support network for your carpet cleaning equipment & hard surface cleaning equipment needs.
Our committed Australia-wide dealers and service agents are able to provide equipment installation, service and repair, planned maintenance and technical support.
WA Dealer, WA Cleaning Equipment & Repair (WACER) has just completed this Sapphire Scientific 370 truckmount installation for a first time truck mounted carpet cleaning machine owner.
WACER were able to assist the customer through the complete purchasing process. Their extensive knowledge of the equipment, gained through their service based business background, allowed them to evaluate the client’s needs and assist in selecting the right equipment for their business.
They were able to refer the client to other professionals in the industry who have chosen a truck mounted carpet cleaning machine to get feedback from those in the field. Overwhelmingly the Sapphire Scientific truckmount came back as the No 1 choose. Customers continually comment on its reliability and performance. They were also extremely happy with the small footprint of the console.
Of course with the team at WACER as the WA service agents, the client also felt confident that should there be a breakdown, the friendly and experienced team, would get him back on the road in the minimal amount of time. WACER are renowned for their outstanding customer service.
Rodolfa from Klass A Carpet Cleaning chose the Sapphire Scientific 370 and installed by WACER and we welcome him to the Sapphire Scientific truckmount family!
The Sapphire Scientific 370 builds on its reputation as the No 1 selling truck mounted carpet cleaning machine in its class with recognition from the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) being awarded the prestigious “GOLD SEAL OF APPROVAL”
Put under external testing the Sapphire 370 demonstrated it was a truckmount built for cleaning success.
As Ron Britton, Director of Cleaning Products at Legend Brands noted, "When looking for a superior truckmount, you want the best quality components with a high-performing heat source. Our patented heat exchange system not only heats water to an optimal temperature for cleaning, but also maintains a consistent temperature from start to finish. The 370 is proof that you don't have to spend a ton of money to get an exceptionally built, single wand truckmount and the CRI Gold Seal of Approval confirms that!"
What the CRI Seal of Approval Means
Attaining Gold Seal Approval gives confidence to end users that the Sapphire 370 is of the highest quality, has outstanding cleaning ability combined with low impact on carpets.
The truckmount has been tested for effectiveness without the use of chemicals to ensure that the deep cleaning extraction removes soil effectively without damage to the carpet. Laboratory testing uses a method called XRF, which uses X Ray fluorescence to detect elements of each compound used to soil a controlled carpet and determine their concentration after a cleaning process.
CRI also notes that to qualify for the Seal, extractors must meet stringent standards in all three test categories:
* Amount of residual moisture removed from the carpet from a wet cleaning process
* Amount of soil removed from the carpet
* Impact of the equipment on carpet fibres and appearance
Features of the Sapphire Scientific 370 that make it the industry's top choice
Sapphire Scientific is renowned for innovative and the response to the release of the Sapphire Scientific 370 truckmount, when released in 2009 was unanimous. It won over the marketplace by introducing a slimline footprint that was almost half the size of similar truckmounts while featuring all the power, advanced features and premium components of much larger units. Its compact size and power countered the industry trend to build ever-larger truckmounts and anticipated the dramatic shift to smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles. The 370 has become an industry leader as a compact truckmount and a consistently preferred machine with cleaners who value its performance and compact size.
The CRI Gold Seal of Approval is one more way that Sapphire Scientific is being recognized for its ongoing commitment to produce great equipment that exceed customers' expectations.
Legend Brands are always striving to innovate and improve technology, performance and user experience. The Velo airmover brings better drying results, better portability, safety and sound levels!
Earlier this month Legend Brand engineers did controlled performance testing of the Dri-eaz Velo airmover – putting it head to head with the Phoenix AirMax. Click on this link to see the impressive drying results.
Performance however is only the beginning of Dri-eaz’s commitment to their product – the Velo airmover features portability, safety and sound levels which make a big difference in usability and satisfaction over time.
Check out the video link to see how the Dri-eaz Velo Airmover compared against its nearest competitor.
Here’s a summary of the test results:
- Sound tests of the Dri-Eaz Velo vs. Phoenix AirMax show that the Velo has a lower decibel level and sounds quieter. As a restoration professional, you will have experienced the irritation homeowners frequently experience by higher-pitched fan noise (as with the AirMax) and turn off the airmovers, extending the drying process.
- The Dri-eaz Velo air mover is also more portable for hand-carrying – a technician can easily carry two in one hand – which isn’t possible with the AirMax. There are many situations where airmovers cannot be transported on a handtruck, and when that’s the case, the Velo is the best choice since technicians can carry up to 4 per trip – no issue!
- Both the inlet and outlet grills of AirMax units allowed fingers to be inserted far enough to touch and even move impeller blades! This should be of significant concern to restoration companies that bear the safety liability for the equipment they use on jobs.
- Engineers tested both units for safety based on requirements for ETL certification to UL and CSA standards. Engineers noted that the outlet grill of the AirMax was easily removed without tools, allowing unobstructed access to the impeller.
- The Velo air mover was stable when operated vertically on a standard 10% tip test platform, but an AirMax flipped over while running in the same position. This required test for ETL certification exists to ensure that airmovers are stable when operated in all recommended positions. The Velo is stable in a vertical position no matter how it's oriented - the proof is in the video.
To find out more, call our expert team on 1300 276 937
Purchasing second hand carpet cleaning equipment when you are starting a business or expanding your existing business can seem like the best way to get ‘bang for your buck’.
Certainly this can be a cost effective way of getting carpet cleaning equipment at a fraction of the cost however buyers need to beware!!
Last week we had a customer who purchased a second hand truck mounted carpet cleaning machine – a Prochem Legend XL. It only had 1600 hrs of use and he was told the machine was only 4 years old – it seemed like a great buy – except .............
He has just had to outlay an additional $3,500 in repair costs and the machine still does not heat!
Purchasing second hand carpet cleaning equipment does make sense in some cases but the buyer needs to be vigilant and check thoroughly that the machine is in good working condition – ideally request that the seller take you on a job with them using the machine. Request all maintenance records, if not available request information on mechanic who carries out repair, service and contact them – this particular machine was at least 10 years old not 4 – the mechanic who serviced the machine would clearly be able to advise on this.
Obviously hands-on with the machine is the best way to ensure that your purchase of second hand equipment is not going to cost you a lot more than the purchase price but this is not always possible.
The following are some essential checks that you should carry out:
- Run the machine – don’t just turn it on – let it run for a good length of time to see if it runs smoothly, test that the machine is producing sufficient heat, look for potential leaks from heat exchangers, hoses and hose fittings
- Listen for rattles, squeaks or other irregular operating noises
- Check condition of the air filter
- Check belts for wear
- Check pressure hose
- Check machine under full load to ensure it can maintain engine RPM
- Check for condition of motor, vacuum blower and pressure pump oil
- Check Spark Plugs
If our customer had of checked - they would have found the air filter completely blocked, the oils dis-coloured and the spark plugs in very poor condition as shown above.
There will always be those that are not honest when selling, it is not our intention however to tar all sellers with this label. There are many good quality machines on the market that can offer great value and be an excellent way to get into the industry without a large capital outlay.
Our expert team are always willing to give advice and assist with your decision making process, so that you are able to select the right carpet cleaning equipment for your needs.
Power Clean does assist customers with the sale of their second hand truck mounted carpet cleaning machines and have a number of machines currently listed on our website. Some of these are almost brand new (we have a Rage truckmount with only 328 hrs) have been serviced regularly and we are happy to recommend customers to consider these as an alternative to new equipment purchase. Please call us on 1300 276 937 if you would like any information.