Water Claw Medium
Designed for quick and easy flood extraction in preparation to the final drying process. The WATER CLAW's speed performance and profitability in doing most flood jobs WITHOUT removing carpet and pad has been proven in thousands of flood restorations worldwide.
Designed for quick and easy flood extraction in preparation to the final drying process. The WATER CLAW's speed performance and profitability in doing most flood jobs WITHOUT removing carpet and pad has been proven in thousands of flood restorations worldwide. In addition the WATER CLAW Flood Extractor can be used to quickly evacuate black water floods allowing you to more easily remove and carry out carpet and pad.Speed and Efficiency will greatly increase as the operator perfects his or her rhythm in moving the WATER CLAW across the carpet.
This process is surprisingly fast and easy:
- To initiate flood extraction where carpet is floating on standing water place tool in the middle of room to draw down standing water only to face fiber level. (At this point DO NOT allow the tool to extract water from pad or face fibers.)
- Water migration in pad during the succeeding Sub-Surface extraction process is essentially stopped when source water (standing water) is drawn away as described above.
- Now begin the Sub-Surface extraction process in one corner. Remember to always check pad after the first few placements to confirm extraction results and adjust to appropriate tool size as needed. (See Choosing the right size WATER CLAW)
- Once the proper tool size is determined sub-surface extraction will typically be accomplished in the first 3 to 5 seconds as the initial rush of water passes through the tool; any additional extraction time or a second pass (see Criss-Cross Method ) can be determined by the operator.
- To reposition tool follow the diagrams below. Do not overlap as this will cause the overlapped portion of the tool to suck air. Because the Water Claw is not limited to sucking water off the top side of carpet only there is no need to use heavy weights concentrated onto a small area for extraction results. The Water Claw operator can be assured that there is no threat of damaging backing in its vulnerable wet state or forcing water through wood sub-flooring.